North Downs has two classes per year group from Reception to Year 6.
- There are 30 pupils per class in Reception, Years 1 and 2.
- There are 32 pupils per class in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6.
- All Key Stage 2 classes (Years 3 to 6) are at the Brockham site.
- Reception, Years 1 and 2 are distributed across our three sites as shown below.
- The site allocation process for Reception is conducted in-house, once all offers have been accepted and individual details known.
- Successful applicants are divided equally between the Betchworth and Brockham sites.
|30 children join our Betchworth site - Reception class - Owls||30 children join our Brockham site - Reception class - Robins|
|At the end of Reception, the Betchworth children move to our Leigh site.||At the end of Reception, the Brockham children remain at the Brockham site.|
|The children then spend two years at Leigh - in Year 1 - Puffins and in Year 2 - Woodpeckers.||
At Brockham, the children move into Year 1 - Penguins and then into Year 2 - Kingfishers.
At the end of Year 2, the children at Leigh move to our Brockham site for Year 3. The two Year 2 classes are mixed into two new classes for Years 3 - 6.
|Brockham - Key Stage 2|
Year 3 - Toucans and Flamingos
Year 4 - Parrots and Macaws
Year 5 - Nightingales and Skylarks
Year 6 - Eagles and Kestrels